Attorney Matthew T. Marin is an aggressive Bridgeport DUI Lawyer. He provides effective, successful defenses for drivers accused of being intoxicated across the State of Connecticut. We understand the law, we understand field sobriety testing, and we understand the science of breath and blood testing. Because we understand these things, we win cases. Contact our office at (860) 294-4384 or email me.
A Connecticut DUI Charge is a
that can result in harmful lifelong consequences
Prosecutors take Bridgeport drunk driving cases very seriously. The operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is a criminal offense. An individual can be prosecuted with or without any direct evidence of a person's blood alcohol content. The key issue in a Bridgeport DUI case is whether a person's ability to drive has been impaired.
Many attorneys claim to be DUI defense lawyers, but they simply handle guilty pleas. Bridgeport DUI Lawyer Matthew Marin is dedicated to fighting Connecticut DUI cases.
Aggressive Bridgeport DUI Lawyer
Although most cases do not have to go all the way to trial, we take every case with the attitude that we will go to trial if necessary to avoid a wrongful DUI conviction. This means that prosecutors don't expect us to plead guilty – and we don't. If you have been accused of a Bridgeport, CT DUI, this means that we enter a “not guilty” plea on your behalf and then do everything possible within the law to get that settlement or verdict – Not Guilty!
Before you decide to just plead guilty and “get it over with,” please give us a call to at least discuss your rights and all your options. It doesn't cost a dime to talk to us. Like most law firms, we offer a free initial consultation. This gives you a chance not only to meet us, but also to discuss your case and get all your questions answered by a Bridgeport DUI Lawyer who has experience defending cases like yours.
Under Connecticut's Criminal Law, if a driver is convicted of First Offense DUI in Bridgeport then the following penalties must be imposed:
First Offense DUI Bridgeport Penalties
- Fine of Five Hundred ($500) to One Thousand ($1,000) Dollars
- Up to 6 Months Jail with 48 Hours Mandatory Minimum
- 6 Months Jail Suspended with 100 Hours Community Service
- License Suspension for One (1) Year
Restoration Requirements - 1st Offense DUI Bridgeport
- Duration of Suspension is One Year from Effective Date of Suspension
- If the operator was under 18 years of age on the date of the arrest, the duration of suspension is one year from the effective date of the suspension or until the date of the operator's 18th birthday, whichever is longer
- Submit a check or money order in the amount of $125 payable to "DMV"
- If the suspension is a result of an arrest for DUI in Connecticut, the Substance Abuse Treatment Program, approved by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles, must be completed before the license can be restored